2017 Junior Registration
Orpington Cricket Club - Junior Registration 2017
The cricket season approaches and we are pleased to offer again cricket coaching for juniors throughout the summer as listed below. All these sessions will be led by ECB qualified coaches.
The cost of the coaching sessions for this season remains again at £85 per player (£40 for each sibling).
Please find the registration form for this year and I'd like to draw your attention to a few things:
1. Please can you make sure all the consent sections are signed so that we know you/your son/daughter have read them and are aware of what they say. Please tick/cross the boxes within those sections as you feel appropriate. Our club policies are available to read and download in our Club Welfare section.
2. If printing out the form, can you make sure that all sections of the form are printed out. It makes our job a lot easier if we don't have to hassle you to resubmit the form all because of a missed signature or a box not ticked etc.
3. We will accept cheque (and cash) as methods of payment, but the preferred method is bank transfer. As in previous years, the registration fee includes the annual subscription to Orpington Cricket Club with the remaining amount covering all the regular coaching during the forthcoming season.
Sort code: 56-00-29
Reference: please indicate who you are paying for and which age group eg. Root U11
Should your son be selected to play in a match, then a £3 match fee will be payable at that match.
4. Please return the registration form to Fiona Lane and make the payment by 31st March 2017. The completed forms should be sent to email@example.com or via post to :
Orpington CC Colts Registration Secretary
1 St Aubyns Close
PLEASE DO NOT SEND THE FORM TO THE CLUB ADDRESS AT GODDINGTON DENE
As mentioned above, please send the form by the end of March as we need to know how many juniors to cater for so we can ensure that we have sufficient coaches / helpers.
5. If your son/daughter doesn't want to or can't join us again this year, please let me know so I can take his/her name off our mailing list.
6. Wednesday 8th March - There is a special evening being held at the clubhouse, run by Cook & Matthews sports shop. They will be displaying the new Orpington CC branded playing and training kit and there will be several leading cricket manufacturers showing off their latest gear and special discount prices. This will be a great opportunity to order any new kit or equipment if needed, and meet some of the committee members including our Club Welfare Officer Mary Mason.
We hope to start training the week the schools go back after Easter. However, the individual team coaches will be in touch with you nearer the time to finalise details. As it stands at the moment, the coaching will take place with the following coaches on:
U14 - 15's (school years 9 and 10) - Monday evenings, 6.30 pm to 8pm with Manager & coaches Ash Kaushik and Rob Mason.
U15 games will be on Sunday mornings for those selected to play.
U12 - 13's (school years 7 and 8) - Thursday evenings, 6.15pm to 8pm led by Manager & coaches Brian Lane and Andy Alcock.
U11's (school years 5 and 6) - Thursday evenings, 6.15pm to 7.45pm led by Manager & coach Hayden Alcock aided by Rich Munro, Ben McCracken and the Young Leaders.
U13 and U11 games will be usually midweek evenings with a couple of occasional Sunday morning games and u11 Kwik cricket competitions on a couple of Sundays during the season.
U9s (age 5- 8 year olds) - Sunday mornings 10.00am -11.00am
For the first time Orpington CC will be hosting the exciting new All Stars programme - an ECB led initiative run by Orpington CC using a combination of the OCC coaches and parents.
There will be a different registration for this and more information will be available in due course.
As usual, any questions please do not hesitate to ask firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orpington CC Junior Registration Secretary.